- When you are attuned to Reiki Level 2, you become more aware of the importance for your connected wholeness on all levels - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual; wholeness and balanced health become synonymous.
- Attunement to Reiki Level 2 opens your heart chakra, which is the mid-point and connector between the physical and spiritual or universal realms. Once your heart chakra opens, your intuition increases and your sensitivity to subtle energies are heightened.
- Your desire to become attuned to Reiki Level 2 will happen when you are ready to move further into the deeper dimensions of healing with Reiki such as…..
- Distant/absentee healing
- Healing deeper traumas
- Healing crises
- Healing relationships
- Healing situations (personal or global)
- Healing situations from the past, present or the future
- Upon receiving 2nd level attunement, you will learn the three sacred symbols, their form, their sound and their meaning, which will enable you to consciously direct Reiki energy through your mind (calling the energy) to achieve specific results.
- The practice of healing through 2nd degree can be profound, as it is considered a quantum leap forward on your spiritual path, indicating your soul’s desire to be of service to others through sharing unconditional love.
What is an Attunement? In Japanese, this ceremony is called Reiju (pronounced Ray-joo) and translated, it means spiritual energy blessing. In a modern day ceremony, your body moves into a spiritual state (or universal energy state) through the use of ancient sounds or symbols, which harmonize your mental and emotional bodies, plus also aligns your spiritual essence within to re-connect you to your true “self” (or your soul). The attunement also clears your meridians (energy pathways) throughout your body to allow Ki energy to flow freely.
The Reiki Master Teacher does not have any special powers to pass along, but merely acts as a channel to provide or create a safe place for you to draw in Ki energy, thus allowing you to connect universal life force energy (or Source) to your inner self or soul. You will draw Ki energy to the level where you specifically need it – mental, emotional, physical or spiritual levels
By receiving attunement or reiju at each Reiki level, you accept universal blessings to support your journey of self-responsibility for your own spiritual progress. Your success for your personal journey depends entirely on how much time and effort you are willing to apply; the more effort you make, the more blessings you receive.
Purpose of Attunement The main purpose of an attunement is to raise your energy level, plus strengthen your connection to universal spiritual energy.
With Reiki Level 2 (also called 2nd degree), you receive one attunement which opens your heart chakra, which allows you to share and experience un-conditional universal love and compassion
General Attunement Procedure: Your Reiki attunement is done shortly before breaking for lunch, giving you time to relax afterwards.
- It will be decided in class the sequence of turns (who goes first, second, third, etc.)
- You will be guided into a meditation, remain in meditation until it’s your turn
- When you hear the bell ring 3x’s, proceed to the attunement room and enter
- As a form of respect, with your hands in the prayer position (gassho), bow to your Reiki Master and then bow to Usui sensei
- Sit with your eyes closed; avoid crossing your hands or feet; place your hands comfortably on your lap. Breathe in a rhythmic, steady pattern and relax
- Your Reiki Master will start the attunement from behind you, move counter-clockwise in front of you and then finish from behind
- During the procedure you will feel gentle touching, plus blowing in your crown and other areas and your hands will be raised and lowered or placed in prayer (gassho) position
- When the bell rings once the process is complete
- Remain calm; just be aware of sensations, colours, smells, images or sounds that you may experience
- Take 3-deep breaths and gently rub your fingers together to help you return to present conscious awareness
- Stand and with your hands in prayer position, bow to Usui sensei, then bow to your Reiki Master
- Leave the room; return to your seat. Sit quietly in meditation until your Reiki Master returns to the room to end the session with a final meditation