10 Ways Homeopathic Treatment Can Benefit You
© 2012 Judith Hanna Doshi MA, CCH (Cand)
- Homeopathic treatment incorporates sound principles of healing, based on the viewpoint that you are a vital or energetic being rather than a material body comprised of organ systems, body parts and physical symptoms—i.e. the conventional view. Homeopathy is truly a holistic form of healing that addresses the root cause of dis-ease—the energetic disturbance at the core.
- Homeopathic treatment is non-toxic so you won’t experience the harsh and harmful side effects associated with conventional drugs and procedures. This is because, unlike drugs that exert their effects directly on the physical body, homeopathic remedies work on the energetic level (or level of the Vital Force, as homeopaths view it). For the most part drugs oppose or counteract symptoms (anti-biotics, anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories etc.); their ‘side effects’ represent the rebound action of the Vital Force to the direct assault of the drugs. The harsher the drug, the stronger the side effects because the Vital Force has to work that much harder in its efforts to maintain balance. Homeopathic remedies, on the other hand, bypass the body and support the Vital Force at the energetic level by actually mirroring (matching) the symptoms that the Vital Force is already expressing.
- Homeopathic treatment undoes suppression caused by the direct action and secondary effects of conventional treatments (that only create temporary relief while worsening the disease over time). To make matters worse, there are many sources of suppression other than conventional medical treatments. Over the long term Homeopathy can resolve the effects of a lifetime’s worth of suppressive influences.
- Homeopathy is not a treatment of convenience. Any treatment that works on the level of the body and provides immediate relief is more often than not suppressive and should be avoided to protect overall health. As stated above, there are many, many sources of suppression apart from conventional treatments. Even homeopathic remedies, if taken too often and if incorrectly chosen or administered, can be suppressive! Homeopathic treatment takes time, as it should: transformation at the deepest level cannot be achieved without the investment of considerable time and effort.
- Homeopathy is cost effective, in terms of both your health and your pocketbook. The cost savings to your health are immeasurable and priceless. Few other treatment modalities can address the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual realms and provide long lasting resolution of deep seated imbalances that give rise to discomfort, dis-ease and illness. On the money front, homeopathic treatment is inexpensive relative to most other procedures and medications. Duration of treatment varies but in general it correlates with how chronic your condition is. The longer you stay with treatment, the more you will benefit but, on average, you should experience significant improvement in your health status within a year’s time.
- Homeopathic treatment adds value, meaning that although you are undergoing treatment for a particular set of problems, you may notice some unexpected improvements as you progress through the treatment process. These may include such things as improved sleep, more physical and mental energy, a more even temperament, a more resilient immune system, greater ease and balance in relationships, increased focus.
- Homeopathy fosters independence and self-reliance. As your health status improves with ongoing homeopathic treatment, the need for visits to the doctor and reliance on other medical services decreases, as does the dependence on prescription and over-the counter drugs. Homeopathy can be used alongside conventional treatments. Many drugs cannot be stopped cold turkey. As homeopathic treatment progresses and improvement sets in, hopefully you will be able to wean yourself off the some or all of the prescription medications you are on, in conjunction with your physician. You then will be able to make better medical choices and deal with medical services from a position of strength.
- Homeopathy is an excellent treatment choice for children. Among homeopaths, children have always been considered easier to treat homeopathically than adults. Today, however, with the adverse influences children are increasingly being exposed to—including more and more vaccinations and prescription medications—we cannot take their good health for granted. Treatment with Homeopathy makes total sense to ensure a strong and healthy future for them.
- Homeopathic treatment creates self-awareness. The homeopathic case-taking process, together with ongoing follow-up sessions, allows you to get in touch with aspects of yourself you may not even be aware of. This is what I call accessing the inner state, a process that helps me as a homeopath figure out what makes you tick, the unique way in which you experience your life. Understanding your inner state enables me to find a homeopathic remedy that resonates with you as a unique individual.
- Homeopathy is the best prevention. In the twenty-first century human beings are being subjected to more health harming influences than ever before; the amount and intensity of these influences seem to be increasing exponentially. A faster pace of life with its attendant stress, electropollution, GMOs, food additives, toxic beauty and cleaning products, hormone disrupting chemicals, a barrage of vaccines are just some of what we have to deal with on a daily basis. We can control our exposure to these influences to a certain extent but, unless we live in a bubble, we will be affected by them, some of us more than others. Homeopathic healing has the great benefit of strengthening the overall constitution together with the immune system, thereby lessening your susceptibility to developing illnesses that could be triggered by these lifestyle and environmental factors. Homeopathy is the ultimate preventive medicine!
Last Updated Thursday, 15 November 2012 20:41